The T-627 Tape Applicator is designed to apply a wide variety of pressure sensitive tapes to flat surfaces. The T-627 is a unique piece of equipment that works in a variety of industries including the construction trade. In the construction industry it's important to understand the field conditions. Creating a product that works in different environments that won't fail is crucial, building a machine that works with these products is even more so. With the T-627 tape strips can be applied continuously or short strips with gaps can be applied to each product as required. Our tape applicator can be mounted over a moving product, conveyor or used on custom designed taping equipment moving the tape head across the product. To learn more contact Straub today or check out or data sheet below.
T-627 Tape Applicator Specifications
- CE Approved
- 24v DC, 2A or 120 VAC, 1A, 50/60Hz
- Air: 60 PSIG (4.1 bar gauge) 0.4 SCFM (11.2 liters/min)
- Tape roll diameter: 18” (452.7mm) on a 3” (76.2mm) diameter core
- Minimum center-to-center distance between two strips of tape
- T-627-1 – 2 ½” (63.5mm), T-627-2 – 3 ½” (90mm)
- Weight: T-627-1 – 13 lbs. (5.9 kg) T-627-2 – 16 lbs. (7.3 kg)
- Minimum Tape Placement from Product Leading Edge: 0.125” (3mm)
- Tape End Tolerance: ± 0.09” (2.3mm)
- Minimum Tape Length: 1” @ 100 fpm
- Maximum application speed: 250’ per minute
Accuracy and speed are dependent on product, tape
and material handling.
The product to be taped must be firmly driven under
the taping applicator at all times to pull the tape from
the applicator. Alternatively, the product to be taped
must be firmly secured while the taping applicator is
driven over the product.
For optimum performance on non-rigid products, it is
recommended that the sum of the tape strip length
and inset length be greater than 2” (50 mm).
Tape cutoff: Tape cut-off creates a serrated edge on
the tape end. The tape gripper will leave some
marks approximately ½” in from the leading edge of
technical data sheet
View the Technical Data Sheet for more information.
DISCOVER WHAT STRAUB CAN BUILD WITH YOU.
Give us a challenge. We’ll deliver the tape application system or web converting system that’s exactly what your business requires. Our engineers have created many custom solutions, from simple machines to complex systems. Contact or give us a call at 952-546-6686 to get started.