The Heat Bond Laminator is designed to apply 3M Brand Heat Activated Tapes to continuous profile extrusions for the industrial, consumer and automotive OEM markets. The heat activated tapes are used for pressure sensitive markets like automotive and packaging. The tape is unwound and guided over a cooled lamination wheel onto the extrusion. The air cylinder loaded lamination wheel compensates for variations in profile thickness.
Hot air is blown onto the heat activated adhesive and product immediately before it is laminated onto the product by a thermostatically controlled hot air torch. The product conveyor pulls the extrusion into the laminating wheel. The WL-30 Machine can be adapted to run a wide variety of extrusion profiles. The WL-30 has two tape roll holding spindles but can be setup with powered unwinds for level wound tape.
options for the wl-30 tape laminator
- Powered unwinds for level wound tape
- Dual Torches
- Tape pre-stripper and stretch laminator
- Adjustable product guide
WL-30 Heat Bond Laminator product specifications
- Tape: 3M Brand Acrylic Foam heat bond activated and pressure sensitive tape
- Tape Width: Min: 0.20" (5mm); Max: 1.00" (25.4mm) or wider on special apps.
- Tape Roll Size: Max 18.0" OD
- Tape Lengths Dispensed: Continuous Lamination
WL-30 Machine & power specifications
- Electrical: 220V, 1Ph, 50/60 Hz, 30A
- Air: 80 PSI (550 kPa) 350 SCFM (2.8 liters/sec.) volume, ⅜" air line min.
- Cooling water: Tap water supply and return drain
- Size: 88" wide x 39" high x 37" deep
- Weight: 600 lbs uncrated, 880 lbs crated
- Speed: Adjustable up to 100ft/min, dependent upon the rubber composition and profile.
technical data sheet
View the Technical Data Sheet for more information.
DISCOVER WHAT STRAUB CAN BUILD WITH YOU
Interested in the WL-30 Heat Bond Tape Laminator or need a custom heat bond laminator? Give us a challenge. We’ll deliver the tape application system or web converting system that’s exactly what your business requires. Our engineers have created many custom solutions, from simple machines to complex systems. Contact or give us a call at 952-546-6686 to get started.