The SD-660 Automatic Tape Splicing System allows operators to splice a depleted tape roll without stopping the production line. By holding two tape rolls, the SD-660 automatically switches to the second roll when the current one is finished allowing for production to continue running as the operator replaces the used tape roll.
The tape splicing system provides enhanced safety measures by eliminating the need for operators to change tape rolls on a moving line. SD-660 increases efficiency and safety standards.
- Tape: Pressure-sensitive tape (PSA), single or double-sided (adhesive transfer tape may not work with this tape splicing system)
- Tape Width: Min: 3/4” (19mm); Max: 2” (50.8mm)
- Tape Roll Size: Planetary wound rolls; up to 18” outer diameter (OD); 3” inner diameter (ID) core
- Speed: Up to 700 FPM (213 MPM)
- Electrical: 120V, 1Ph, 60Hz, 15A
- Size: 42” wide x 48” deep x 78” high
- Weight: 425 lbs
- Includes the frame for a standalone tape splicing system
- Ability to control two applicators: Tear applicator along with the standard applicator to eliminate the need for a separate controller
- Easy to set up and operate by mounting tape on the turret and rotating to replace the empty tape roll
Discover What Straub Design Can Build With You
The SD-660 Automatic Tape Splicing System provides a more efficient option while improving the safety standard of tape splicing and application. Increase your production line with the SD-660. To learn more, contact Straub Design Company or give us a call at 952-546-6686.